Sunday, July 31, 2011

No Move Yet... *sigh*

Well that was disappointing. It was the smallest three bedroom I've ever seen, hardly bigger than the 2 bedroom apartment I'm in right now. The lot it was on was perfect... 2 acres, a small barn, a half built chicken coop, plenty of great space. Needed more trees, but that was easy to fix. Unfortunately the mobile home itself was in such a state of disrepair it was laughable, or would have been if it weren't so sad. Cracked windows (not good for heat in the winter) broken stairs, roof without shingles in spots, threadbare carpet, tiny rooms (may as well have been closets) and the inside was just dark. The wall paneling was dark brown and in need of a light colored paint job. That would have opened up the place considerably, made it feel bigger. Plus the people who were there last hadn't even moved out everything. There was a broken couch, torn curtains, trash on the lot.

On the up side my husband said if it had been a rent to own, instead of just a lease, we would have done it and fixed it all up ourselves. He was only against sinking a ton of money in something we would move out of when we finally do buy a home. I understood that, it is sound logic. I know I loved the lot, but the "house" was not right. So the search continues. Possibly this is for the better, we'll be able to save a bit more and prepare over a longer period. It would have been a rush move to get in tomorrow and move everything. Maybe we'll find something bigger. There's a 10 acre available but the deposit plus rent is more than we have saved. If we're lucky it will still be available on the 15th and we'll be able to get into it by September. It is more expensive, but much nicer. I don't know. I doubt it will be still for rent though, it seems like a really good place and I know someone will snatch it up before me. Other places will come along though. I'm being optimistic.

I am upset that we will have to move Bastian to another school when we do move. I don't like thinking about him making new friends and then a month or three later uprooting and having to resettle in a new class. I know 5 year olds are resilient and he's very outgoing and social... maybe I'm worrying over nothing. If my husband were still in the military we'd likely be moving, possibly during a school year, so I guess it's not that different. Plus it's for the better in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment