Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Six Year Old!

I can'r believe Bastian turned six today! It was very exciting for him. He told me he "didn't feel any bigger." He is though, so much bigger than last year.

Made 30 cupcakes for his class... in the fish style I showed in an earlier post. I was a bit more sloppy with these, since I was making so many. I didn't do the white dollop behind the eyes. They still look cute, but not as professional.





I also made him a 4 layer cake, with strawberry and chocolate. The icing I made for the piping came out much softer than I would like. I didn't anticipate the room temperature would affect it so much! That's ok though. He loved it anyway and had a great time overall.



Next cake my personal goal is to do fondant (the pretty flat icing layer) and make it look more smooth overall.



No comments:

Post a Comment