Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fishies

These were so cute that when I saw them I knew I had to make them. Especially since it's such an easy decorating design. Just M&M and frosting. No special fancy tips or piping bags needed.


Make your cupcakes (whatever kind you want or are best at) and then make a base frosting. My favorite is the buttercream I have posted here before. Portion your buttercream into the number of bowls per color you plan to use.. in this case 3, but you can use more or less. Be sure to reserve a small amount for the eyes, which needs to stay white. This step with the eye background can be omitted, they will still look plenty cute with just a brown M&M. Add a few drops of food coloring or icing color to your bowls until you have the desired shade. Frost your cooled cupcakes. Now add your M&M's for scales, eye and lips. Using a small dollop of whit behind the eye if you want for detail. You could also do rainbow scales or contrasting scales... it's up to you and your imagination!

2 comments:

  1. These are really cute! Love the vivid colors! Good Job..blessings from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute! I'm going to keep this in mind for my son's 1st birthday in March. I'm all thumbs when it comes to cake decorating but this looks like something I can MAYBE pull off ;-)

    ReplyDelete