Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sporadic!

With the holidays looming, both Christmas and New Years, I find myself with a crunch for leisure time. I've been spending a lot of time with my son, and despite what some people think the "stay-at-home-mom" thing isn't a sit around on your butt and do nothing job. We play, we go out, we talk, he talks more... but still... Some days it's all I can do to log into Facebook and check my silly Zynga games. So blogging has been pushed to the background. I will possibly have more time come the second week of January, when he goes back to school... but on the 18th I start classes of my own. Bright and early morning classes!

Bastian will have to get used to a new schedule on Wednesdays and maybe Fridays. We will have to leave here a bit earlier and he will have to be dropped off at the school for breakfast at 7:30 instead of his usual just playground time of 7:50. It's a fairly big change, so we will practice it in the week leading up to the actual event. I think he will be ok. If we're lucky some of his friends will be at breakfast and he will want to do it every day. Some mornings he's a real bear about eating and I have to hover and nag him to eat half a banana. He's not an early morning eater. I'm not either, but  I am not a growing small child!

I am very excited to start my classes. The Pell Grant from the government pays for the classes themselves, so all I have to worry about is the books and supplies. I had originally signed up for five classes, but have cut one so the grant would cover it all. I will just take an extra class in the summer I guess. Four then instead of three, or something.

Right now the schedule looks like this:

One online class: Intro to PC Applications
Wednesdays: 8am-10am Food Safety and Sanitation
Fridays: 9am- 10:30am Nutrition for the Hospitality Professional
Saturdays: 8:00 am - 2:00pm Intro to Baking

I am most excited for the Saturday class. A neighbor of mine has told me she would watch Bastian on Saturdays for me for $25 a day. This eases some worry I had, since I wasn't sure what I would do for child care. The college child care center isn't open weekends. I think if I absolutely had to I may be able to change to the Monday (8am-2pm) Intro to Baking class, if I were to talk to my professor. Hopefully it won't come to that though. When I went to rearrange my schedule almost all the Culinary classes were booked full and ALL the morning classes were closed, so I'm glad I registered really early. I will have to register at the end of March for Summer term to be sure I get the classes I want there, too. I am trying to get the last of my degree out of the way and the sooner I can churn it out the better.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Good luck in school. Sounds like a great baking class. Make sure to post about it. Blessings from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete