Friday, December 9, 2011

Fudge

I am planning a few batches of fudge for this weekend. A plain, a mint chocolate and maybe I will try a chocolate coconut this year. I usually do 6 or 7 flavors, but the budget this year demands smaller batches and less, less, less. Still.. can't go through the season without making at least one batch. I will share my recipe on Monday for the Barnhop. It's very easy and I am sure anyone could make it. I love the fact that it's also VERY customizable. I use the same base recipe and just add flavorings or tints. As long as they have a "chip" in the flavor you want you can make fudge out of it. Peanut butter chips, mint chips, white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips... you name it you can fudge it! *grin* Not to mention if you just make regular milk chocolate you can add extracts to flavor them. Raspberry, cinnamon, rum, banana (if you wanted I guess) ... they have all sorts of stuff. I want to make Monday's post super Christmas-y because they are having a Christmas themed contest and the winning blog gets a prize. So I'll have to plate the fudge up really pretty and make it extra special. Oh, I bet I could do a peppermint bark type fudge... *ponder* Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment