Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crochet Crazy

Well, in between working on my granny squares for that evil, evil blanket I have been experimenting with different stitches. I am completely self taught at this crochet business and I'm pretty proud of myself for branching out like this. So my newest learned stitch I call the pinwheel stitch. I'm not sure if it has another name. I found it on YouTube and there was no name in the video for the stitch, just a tutorial on how to make a scarf. So I tried it and it was much easier than I had feared! Here's a picture of it so far:

I'm happy with it. I think the gradients in the yarn color look nice, but they kind of throw the eye off the pattern. My next project after this will be a box stitch scarf, I think. Scarfs are easy to make and great practice for stitches since you have to repeat them over and over. That way you learn them by heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment