Monday, August 15, 2011

Trail Mix Cookies

Here's my recipe for Trail Mix cookies. It's probably my family's favorite. It has oatmeal, which my husband likes, and add-ins like chocolate chips or M&M's which Bastian likes. Plus the recipe makes tons depending on how big you portion the dough, which keeps me from having to make batch after batch!

Trail Mix Cookies:

3 eggs
1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
12 oz. jar peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cups 1 minute oats (not the Instant kind, the 1 minute kind!)

Add ins:
Any 2 cups of adds... whatever you love. I call this trail mix cookies cause we usually add 2 cups of trail mix, the chocolate lovers kind with M&M's... but you can use any adds you want. 1 cup M&M, 1/2 cup nuts, 1/2 cup raisins.... anything as long as it adds up to 2 cups. Be creative, or use family favorites.

  1. Heat your oven to 350*. 
  2. Combine the eggs and two sugars. Should be creamy looking.
  3. Add salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter. Mix until creamy again.
  4. Stir in baking soda, then add oats. I do this step slow so they get blended in well.
  5. Add your add ins and mix well one more time!
  6. Now you have your cookie dough/batter/whatever you like to call it.
  7. Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment if you do that sort of thing, I've never had trouble with a plain non stick sheet though). You could use a melon baller to be more precise I guess. I just eyeball it. Some cookies I scoop bigger for a tray, some smaller. It really depends on you. You could probably even put it in a brownie tin and make cookie bars, but I've never tried that.
  8. Bake 8-10 minutes and let cool on tray before moving to cookie rack or plate. If you try to pull them off too soon they are very soft and big ones could break easily, trust me!
  9. Eat and enjoy!

1 comment: