Friday, August 5, 2011

Lazy Day

Well I'm being very lazy today. I'm settling in for a Frontier House marathon and crocheting a blanket, just a small one. It always feels good to start a new crochet project. It's amazing to me that I can make something out of nothing. String for heavens sakes!

Frontier House is a great PBS show that aired in 2001detailing the lives of three families as they go from modern day America back in time to the "frontier" for 6 months of their lives. It is neat to learn about the ways of life back in 1883 and see the hardships many families went through. A few of the people in each family are quite vocal about how they hate the whole thing. I would kill for a chance like that! It's mostly the females from California who are the biggest complainers, crying over not getting to wear makeup or having to actually do work! One of the teenagers spends half her time griping over having to milk a cow! Honestly, people, what did you think you were signing up for? A luxury vacation?!? Anyway, it's a pretty fantastic little show. Only 6 episodes and each one is about an hour long so you can watch it all in a day.


Also, my baby blanket. I took a picture of it. This is the beginning of a blanket. I'll try to make sure I get some shots when it's all finished. I want to see how long it actually takes me to complete it working diligently. Usually with my crochet I just get a line or two in a day if I'm feeling crafty or am watching TV. Idle hands and all that! *laugh* It looks like it has pink in it in the photo, but it's only blue, green and white. Stupid camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment