Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Experiments

Experimented with a chicken recipe last night. It actually turned out very good. Even my husband liked it, and he doesn't usually like my experiments!

It was just chicken breasts laid in a glass casserole dish, in a separate bowl I added a box of "fake" mashed potatoes, a can of cream of chicken and a can of chicken broth. This is also where I would add spices next time, it needed a bit more flavoring. Whip it all together till it's not so loose then pour over chicken to coat well. After that I used a box of chicken stuffing (can you tell I was using bits and pieces from my pantry?) and covered the top of the casserole with the stuffing. I then melted some margarine in a cup and added maybe a fourth a cup of water then drizzled it over the top.  Pop it in the oven for 45 minutes and it's like an all in one, main and two sides, type dish. It was pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself. I would serve green beans with it next time though, it needed a veggie side.

I'm not sure what the dinner plan for tonight is. Maybe spaghetti... we have lots of that....

No comments:

Post a Comment