Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cats and Yarn

My cats love that I crochet. They think it's the best thing in the world. They like to play with the scraps, try to kill the enticing balls which elude them daily and cuddle in the finish product. Of course they are both still very young. 10 months old. So I fully expect yarn death to be a part of my life for years to come.

Today I wanted to share some pictures of my cats and my yarn.

 Skif is my best cat. And yes, it's only spelled with one F. He loves to snuggle, demands it in fact. He has a special green blanket on the bed that is his favorite and every night without fail he cuddles up to "nurse" it. He will meow until you arrange it over your lap though, he only likes to nurse if there's a people involved.






This is Kephri.  You've seen her in other yarn photos. She's a bit more vicious than Skif and a constant source of frayed and chewed yarn ends. She's so beautiful though I can't help but forgive her. She has the softest fur coat of any cat I have ever known. I thought she would grow out of it when she hit adolescence, but it seems softer now than when she was a kitten.

Skif and Kephri have a very sweet romance together. He loves her very much. I caught this picture of him grooming her. It looks like he is tucking her in and kissing the top of her head!








My cats are very important to me. They help sooth me after a stressful day! They also remind me I'm living for more than the next sunrise. Bastian does this too, of course... but he isn't quite as fluffy.

2 comments:

  1. I know the cat "nursing" thing, that is funny when they do that. Sure looks like 2 spoiled cats...I have 3 cats, they are "barn" cats, I suppose, however, they are up to the house alot. Anyway, I also love it when you pet them and they "massage" their claws in you. My cats are great mousers too. The 2 older ones have had some kittens, but I had all 3 "fixed" several years ago - we had to because others on our road have Tom's that made too many visits over here. They stay around the farm and we LOVE them too. Blessings from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. I am a cat lover. At this moment Buttercup is trying to rub on my hands as I write this. I have three cats. My husband says he is the only reason I am not a crazy cat Lady. He won't let me ge another cat. So we have 2 dogs. LOL

    ReplyDelete