Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Scarfin' Around

Working on yet another scarf for a Christmas gift. Using a galaxy stitch this time, which is actually pretty tricky at first. I'm surprised at how fast it's moving along though. The only hard part is when I try to alternate the colors. Still... it looks good so far. I would post a picture but it's a gift, so I can't! I am going to take pictures of each scarf I make and post them after Christmas though, including the names of the stitches I use in case anyone wonders.

I am also making a slow inroad on finishing that evil blanket. I think it will be ready for a border after another 4 skeins of double crochet. I plan to use the granny squares for the border itself, instead of in the center as I had planned. I'll post a picture of what I have so far:




The yarn color is called High Sierra Stripe. It's from the I Love That Yarn brand. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, but I think Michaels carries it as well. For the bulk of the blanket I've used an easy double crochet. Once I finish it out I'll add the granny squares to the edges on three sides, leaving the top edge blank. At least, that's the plan so far. I already have 32 granny squares done, I will need more, I'm sure, but don't want to do too many... so I'll wait till I'm finished with the base before I count out how many more I need to edge.

I think this color goes very well with my new green walls. I may also do a few throw pillows in the granny square style and just use this instead of buying a new comforter set!

2 comments: