Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday... Done Day

Well usually I try to post a recipe or other home style thing on Mondays for the Weekly Barn Hop website but this week I didn't make it. I was very busy today trying to make up for being sick over the weekend. Ah, well... next week I will get back on track.

Cooler weather is rolling in here in Colorado. 50's at night means I can leave the screened windows open for fantastic airflow and I haven't had to run the air in a week thanks to the 70 degree weather! I do hope this is here to stay, and that it gets much colder. I'm a sucker for cool crisp air and a warm blanket. If only I had a porch to put a swing on I'd be in such a state of bliss.... ah.

This is my favorite time of year. The leaves change, the weather is beautiful, crops come in and everything just fits together so wonderfully. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. I think most of all though I like the colors. The deep earthy tones of orange and red, brown and green all mingled and mixing. That is the best part of it all. The only thing I dislike about living here in Colorado is that it doesn't snow enough for me i nour city. Higher up the mountains it does, but not here. Yes, it does snow... we have snow days for school and get good dustings certainly... but it doesn't stay. I want blankets of snow from mid December through March. A girl can't have everything though, and for the time I am content with what I have. At least the seasons change, unlike when we lived in Texas. I've made a vow to myself never to live any further south than Kansas. I used to say Oklahoma, but I lived there for a year and it was no better than Texas weather wise for me!

Ideally I would love to settle in Maine. I'm in love with that state, though I've never been there. I know it is an even bigger fantasy than me owning my own ten acres stead, but you never know. I could win the Lottery.... of course, you have to play that to win it and I don't... so I guess I couldn't actually win. Still... It's lovely to dream about it. At the very least I would love to visit there. Stay at a bed and breakfast and eat maple candy. Someday, perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE fall too. Living and growing up in Wisconsin, I have an opportunity to enjoy all 4 seasons. There are times - I say that lightly - when I do enjoy the snow, it is the below zero -25 windchill factor of -50 that I hate. It is too hard on the animals. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete