Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday Doldrums

Very slow day. Not too much to do. Except the dishes. *glares angrily at the sink*

The only thing I despise as far as chores go. I don't even know why! It isn't like it's hard, or that it takes too much time. I can usually get them all done in less than an hour depending on the amount and how many large dishes there are. I.E. frying pans, casserole dishes, etc. I suppose it would take even less time if I did them daily, but I usually just rinse them and stack them to wait until "dish day". Which is whatever day the sink becomes full. What I wouldn't give for a dishwasher! I mean if I have to live in the city I should be able to have that luxury at least!! *laugh*

Ah, well. King Ranch chicken tonight. Definite favorite around here. Making it a bit different than usual. A very close friend of mine told me it's much better in the crock pot. So I'm taking his advice and giving it a go. It's all layered up and simmering as I type. I'm very excited.

Now there are two schools of thought on King Ranch chicken. One is the rice school and the other is the corn chip school. My husband prefers the corn chips, I prefer the rice. I usually make it with the corn chips, just because I'm a people pleaser... but I think rice is a bit healthier and also adds less sodium. It also lends a different taste and texture. Either way is still good eats!

3 comments: