Thursday, September 15, 2011

No Bakes

It is nice and chilly out and perfect weather for baking. Even though No bakes aren't technically baked. Still the gooey chocolate oatmeal clumps are wonderful in this season. Everyone loves them and I can never seem to make enough no matter how many double batches I churn out! I think I may also make soup or chili for dinner. Seems like the time for it. Potato soup, perhaps.... Yum.

No school for Bastian tomorrow. Teacher work day. He's thrilled. They had a bit of a scare today at the end of the day and were in "lock down" for almost an hour past the time school was supposed to let out. Someone apparently saw a suspicious character in a green jumpsuit carrying a rifle! The police were everywhere and the parents were all very confused looking. It was interesting. I don't know if they found the guy or if they called off the search and chalked it up to a false alarm. It is good to know they are so cautious, but at the same time... if you have a parent there with their ID and you know they are the parent of a child..... a lot of parents were pretty ticked off. I didn't mind waiting, the weather was nice, even if it was overcast. If it had been raining though, I'm sure it would have been a bit different. Many more disgruntled parents, I would guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment