Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Bedroom

Well, I certainly didn't waste any time with this project. Forcing myself to be active really helps keep depression from strangling me. Here are some pictures of my new bedroom, well... same bedroom new color! I found the coolest wall sconce at Big Lots on clearance for $10. It was too gorgeous to pass up. And the deep green is very me (it's actually a bit darker than the pictures show, but not by much.) I'm a very earthy person and it just feels right. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do a contrast color on the lower half of the two outfacing walls, because they have that weird shelf thing, or if I'll just leave it white.

 I really need to buy some new bedding. Now what I have looks shabby compared to my walls!
 The white lower wall looks worse than it actually is. I think it was the sunlight from the window making it bright.
 I love my sconce! You can see the deeper green color of the wall in this photo better.
The window was open so the air kept moving the curtain, it was hard to get a good picture of that wall. 

The walls are so far a bit bare, but I plan to add some photographs in nice dark wood frames and maybe a picture or painting or something if I find one I feel fits well. I also have plans to do a runic inscription border around the top, a blessing or something. I have the silver paint and brushes but want to put more thought into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment