Thursday, September 29, 2011

Offline

It is likely I will be offline until October 5th. Changing internet service providers and putting the bill in my name.

... ...

My husband asked me for a divorce a month ago. I didn't say anything then, because he has done this in the past, but the papers were filed a few weeks ago and we have a court mandated meeting today so there's no denying it now.

He says we are just too different. We want different things. He is right. He has no interest in homesteading, or country life, or chickens. I have no interest in video games and crude humor movies. (There's a lot more to it than just these things, but you get the picture.) It is hard to swallow after 9 years, but honestly the last two have been rough for both of us. I think we were both trying to stick it out for Bastian's sake and that is never a good reason to stay together. It is a good reason to try counseling, which I wanted but he refused. Or a good reason to get some outside help, which he also refused. In the end it is frustrating, but perhaps this has to happen for me to be able to realize some of my goals and dreams.

Did I mention he hates chickens!! *laugh* Blasphemy!

I was upset but I have come to accept it now and even move on from it. Bastian and I will be ok. We are staying in the apartment and Scott (the husband) is moving out. I have full custody and Scott will be able to see him pretty much whenever he wants. I draw the line at him taking Bastian overnight on a school night but other than that I feel it important to have Bastian be able to keep a good relationship with him. The official paperwork says just Spring Break, Summers and every other holiday, but I feel those are more guidelines for if one of us moves out of state or further away than a few hours. As long as we are both in the same town there is no reason not to share.

*sigh*

As of December 1st the paperwork will be final and this chapter in my life will officially be at an end. I have read enough books to know that there is another chapter on its way, though and it will likely be happier. *smile*

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry you are going through this. Please don't feel like you have to always put up a happy face on your blog. It's good to vent. :( But I do agree with you and think what you said is soo powerful. Books have loads of chapters.. and your book is far from over. Take care, and call me when you need me! Sorry I've been so out of touch lately.. but I doubt you want to hear screaming in the background.. poor Cesar's tooth finally made it's appearance, so as soon as this one cuts things should calm down.

    ReplyDelete