Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday....

So Bastian asked me this morning if we could go to the store and get doughnuts. I tried to explain to him that we couldn't go out because it's the day after Thanksgiving.
"Sorry, Bastian, we can't go out. We never go out the day after Thanksgiving, it's too scary."
"Scary? Why is it scary?"
"Because the crazy people come out to shop and you don't want to get in their way."
"Oh... like Zombies?"
"..."

I'm sure he will come to learn in the future. I went on to explain that they weren't zombies, they just were people who buy all the things you want to buy and make long lines at the store. He said it was unfair, he just wanted doughnuts. I told him they had probably bought all the doughnuts already... I promised him we would go tomorrow. Much less dangerous, though not by much.

1 comment:

  1. OMG... too cute. How does one explain Black Friday to a child? lol.. simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete