Sunday, November 20, 2011

Loud

It has been very loud here for the past two days. Bastian is very excited about not having school for a week and has been celebrating by running around singing, cheering, and playing rather loudly. Often at the top of his lungs. I chastise or reprimand and he will turn it down for about half an hour and then the level ramps up again to full blown. I've told him he can be as loud as he wants... in his room. But if he's out here he has to be shusheded! *laugh*

Tomorrow I'm going to post my recipe for this crazy chocolate cake. It has no eggs, no milk and no butter in it! I was certain it would come out all nasty, but it was amazingly fluffy and tasted great. I also want to post my very adjustable buttercream recipe. I promised some followers I would. I like it because you can make it very thin for drizzling or much thicker for icing or piping. All by adding either more milk or more powdered sugar to the finished recipe.

When I made the two together last week and iced the crazy cake with the stiffer buttercream I found it tasted a LOT like the Hostess Cupcakes. I think it I make them again I may do a cupcake batch and fill the centers with the icing, just to see.

As for Thanksgiving, I think we may just end up having cranberry pancakes and calling it good this year. I know next year this will all have passed and life will be better. We can do a turkey then. I am still a bit depressed about it, but I know it isn't the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment