Saturday, November 12, 2011

Unrelated

On an unrelated to farming, homesteading or crafting subject: I received my financial aide award letter for the Spring and Summer 2012 season. I will officially receive $2,770 per semester and that will cover all my school costs. So I am essentially attending college for free! I am very excited. I have some college under my belt, but I'm tired of checking the "Some College" box on applications and forms. I want my degree! Any degree! *laugh* The current plan is to attend Pikes Peak Community College in the Spring and though it's a far cry from my plans when I was 20 (hey, ten years changes a person!) I want to pursue a degree in Baking and Pastry.

The last year I've been doing a lot more home baking and I want to learn more. I really want to learn cake decorating. I've always been interested but never took that step. Except for some clumsily iced birthday cakes. I want to learn to use fondant and make pretty things. If I have a talent maybe I can even do wedding cakes. I think wedding cakes from organic produce using farm fresh eggs and real cow or goat milk and butter and cream would be amazing. And there is a market for these things now with the sustainability movement and the rush for organic and locally produced items.

See, I managed to tie it back in to the future farm. *grin*


I'm a Pikes Peak Aardvark!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you - does anyone really know what they want to do when they are 18? I know I didn't - I've reinvented myself to what I am today at 45yrs young...:) Good luck in school. Blessings from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete