Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kitchen Overhaul

The last few days have been spent rearranging my living room and Bastian's room. Those two rooms look great now, but my kitchen suffered from neglect while the "renovations" happened. So today will be a kitchen day. I'm dragging my heels a bit over it, because I dislike dishes so much... which anyone who has read even a handful of posts here probably knows! I'm not shy about it!! *laugh*

After the kitchen shapes up I also plan to re organize my desk area. I need to remove the current huge desk I have and plan to replace it with a much smaller one my neighbor is looking to get rid of. She needs the space and I need it to make a smaller space. It's a win win! She is so kind to give it to me. It's no secret things are tight around here. She is also giving me a medium sized cabinet they were going to throw out, which I plan to use as a pantry. There isn't a lot of shelf space around here and it will be good to have. Will free up some other spaces in the kitchen. With the removal of this huge desk the little desk and the pantry will fit just perfectly. So I guess I'm not really making any space, but in a way I am. The pantry unit will allow for more space in other areas and won't stick out as far as the desk, so there will be a more open walkway into the living area. *sigh*

I figure by Wednesday there will be time to just breath, when all of this is completed. Until then I guess I should get back to scrubbing something.... *oh joy*

No comments:

Post a Comment