Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mail

I mailed four Christmas cards this morning. My parents, my brother in college, my Grandma Carol and my birth father. I could only do close family this year, but I am happy I sent out those. I also sent pictures of Bastian in two of the cards so Grandma and my father can see how big he's getting. Mom and Dad already have a large copy and my brother lives in the dorms, so I put something different in his card. Nothing special or expensive, but I hope he likes it anyway.

I have the gifts all wrapped and ready for shipping. I have to find out how much that's going to be. If I'm lucky I can get them all inside one of those $8 boxes. They still have those, right? Then maybe I can ask Mom to give my father and Grandma Carol their gifts. They all live in the same area now.

I do miss Missouri... Sometimes I think, well, I know I want to move back there. But I need to do it on my terms. I want to move there when I can afford a place, even if it doesn't have land. On my own two feet, with money in my pocket. Who knows when that will be, it certainly seems a long way away now. Still, it's like the dream of the farm. I know I can't have it all now, but I can move towards it inch by inch and one day I'll be there. Land and bees and chickens and all.... *laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment