Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pine

I salvaged a few pine boughs from my neighbors live tree the other day and brought them inside. This may seem strange, but it's kind of a test. You see, a few years ago when Bastian was very small we went to my parents for Christmas. He was sick the whole time with a wheezy cough and nose thing that cleared up, amazingly enough, on the drive home. Not just a little but completely. We attributed it, at the time, to him being allergic to the live Christmas tree that they had. We had not yet exposed him to this at the time, he had just turned 1 I believe. So we banned live trees from the house. Now he will be six this Christmas, so I have to look back on it and wonder if that is what it really was. We never had him tested, we just assumed.

So I brought in the pine. So far, he's fine! *laugh* I'm not rushing out to buy a live tree anytime soon, but perhaps next year's tree can be. This year we have a tree, assuming the cats don't kill it! *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment