Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Delay!

Snow again today... and a two hour delay for the schools. Which means arguing with Bastian about leaving now as opposed to waiting until there are actually people at the school. *sigh* He doesn't understand weather days, delays and cancellations yet. He will come to appreciate and look forward to them someday though!

Thought I would post a few crochet ornaments I've done this week. Had to get a jump start on them now to make enough for the tree this year. I'm hoping to only have to buy lights and maybe a topper. Though I may crochet a star for the top, I haven't decided.

A Jalepeno.

A Heart.

A Sombrero... goes with the jalapeno!

A Key.

   














































































A slightly ugly frog. His back is bumpy but you can't really tell in the picture.
The jalapeno was not intended to be a jalapeno at first. It was supposed to be a trial Christmas bulb, but the pattern was hard to read and it came out a little wonky. So I bent the tip a bit and called it a pepper. *laugh* Then of course I found the sombrero online, it was originally intended to be a bottle topper, but add a hanger and it makes a great ornament!  The others I found on a website for refrigerator magnet patterns. They were the perfect size to become ornaments.

I didn't want to just do the standard red, green and white ornaments with stars or candy canes. I will do those as well, but I wanted a variety. My family tree growing up always had such interesting ornaments. Yes, many were x-mas related, but some were odd and out of place. So I want that kind of feel for my tree this year. I do plan to do reindeer and snowmen and Santas and the little ball ornaments as well... I have the patterns, just need to whip them up. This will be a good holiday season, I can tell.

1 comment: