Friday, November 18, 2011

A Whole Week!

Today is the last day of school for Bastian for a whole week. The school district he attends has two furlough days and then three holiday days next week... so I should be quite tired by this time next Friday! *laugh*

Plans had been made to drive to Missouri and visit my family, but with the truck in the state it's in and the serious lack of money for purposes such as traveling I am fairly sure that isn't going to happen. I have no way to afford the gas, dog boarding, food along the way, etc. Even were we to fly there I can't afford the tickets, dog boarding, cab to the airport, cab back to the house, etc. *sigh* I told myself it was ok, that there will be other holidays, there will be other trips. I was really looking forward to this one though. It's been three years since I've seen my family and I miss them. I've had this trip planned since August. I was even saving up for it. Darn you life, for getting in the way like this! *shakes fist at the world*

Anyhow, I suppose now the plan is for a nice and quiet week at home. I think we have stuffing, canned cranberry sauce, gravy and green beans. No turkey, though. I wasn't anticipating needing one. Maybe I can get one the day after Thanksgiving when they go on sale and our Turkeyday can just be one day off.

1 comment:

  1. Many years back...we were in a situation where we were unable to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal...we had spaghetti. If you ask my girls, they will say that was one of their favorite Thanksgivings. It's not what you eat - but, who you share it with. You could maybe volunteer at a place that serves meals (we have done this too) and that way you get a meal and show Bastian how to give and receive. Blessings from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete