Saturday, October 22, 2011

An Almost Octopus...

Made this little guy two days ago. He was supposed to be an octopus, but I could only fit six legs around. If I do him again for any reason I would make all eight legs first, position them, then sew them. I think he would make a cute rattle if you put a ball rattle in it.

The Hexapus:


My stitching is getting tighter and neater I think. Considering this is only my fourth little crochet toy. I finished a dinosaur last night. Pics soon. I really like the way his eyes turned out. I was going to embroider over the little yellow spots, but I felt they came out looking like pupils, so I didn't. Eventually I will progress to using beads or sew on eyes, but for now embroidering works.

In other life news: my soon to be ex husband got a job at an oil company repairing satellite dishes. He will be moving to North Dakota soon. I have mixed feelings. I'm happy he got the job, it pays very well. However I'm not happy he won't be able to spend more time with Bastian. Part of the reason I chose to stay here and not move was so he could be close to Bastian. That and he threw such a fit when I mentioned moving, threatening to have me arrested for kidnapping if I took my son out of state. It's been a crazy few months. I just want this part to be past and be able to move on more freely. The good part in all this: the ex will be making more than enough money to pay child support. So no excuses there.

Finally: moving on to crochet my Christmas stuff. I figure it will take quite some time to get all the decorations I want to put on the tree. And have some to position around the house as well. (Christmas items done in between toy requests, of course. I believe the next he wants is a heart -no questioning the mind of a five year old- and then a bee and a bird.)

1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVE this toy. I bet all your toys are cute.. this is awesome.. I really wish I had that kind of talent.. or patience! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete