Thursday, October 27, 2011

Plans

Planned pumpkin carving this evening after the finishing of the kitchen cleaning. Tomorrow is apartment inspection and then I have to put together Bastian's costume. He has decided on a bat. For certain this time. He's had at least seven different changes, but I told him once the costume is made that's it. No changes after that.

I figure a black sweatshirt and pants with cut wings and a drawn on muzzle should do it. It's fairly cheap and easy. Thank goodness, as things are rather tight this year.

Pictures tomorrow of the pumpkin carving. Pictures Tuesday of the costume. I know it seems like I've waited until late to carve pumpkins, considering everyone else has had theirs out on the front porch for weeks, but I find if I do it just a few days prior then I can butcher the pumpkin the day after Halloween for pie. If you wait too long the pumpkin is all mooshie. Even if it isn't mooshie, too much time will leech out (break down?) the sugars and then it's just not nearly as yummy. Look at that, I do know something about cooking! *laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment