Thursday, October 13, 2011

So Close!

The evil blanket is almost complete! I have to do a little more on one side of the trim and fill up the 4 inches that the border extended. I'm so happy with it. It's the first blanket I've finished like this for myself. All my other blankets I've always given away. And none of my other blankets have been this intricate with a border.

Picture updates:

Finished border.
First I made a crud ton of squares...

"Sewed" them together with a single crochet stitch on each "seam"

"Sewed" them to the main body of the blanket.

For some reason my bottom batch of squares came out a little larger than the sides. It all worked out though.


 I think the reason the bottom row came out so large was because I used a different sized hook - 6mm instead of 5.5mm. I had been using a 6 for the body of the blanket and when I switched I completely forgot to trade out hooks. It worked out though, since I didn't need any extras for the sides. Once I finish up the last little bit I plan to make 2 throw pillows to match out of more granny squares, I think I have enough extra yarn. I will be sure to post those when they are finished as well.

1 comment: