Sunday, October 23, 2011

Is It Monday, Yet?

Next weekend is a four day weekend for Bastian's school. I am and yet, I am not, looking forward to it. I like the idea that I won't have to be up at 6:45... but I am not looking forward to dealing with his newest "stage." Wherein he fake cries every time he doesn't get the least little thing. Which leads to me yelling and him fake crying louder. I'm sure the neighbors think I beat him regularly.

I know that this is mostly his reaction to the divorce and all the changes. Scott (the soon to be ex) is moving to North Dakota and even though he's not gone yet is never home to give him any attention, so he feels he needs to act out to get mine. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Good to recognize where and why he is acting out, I know I'm not the perfect mom - I've made lots of mistakes - but, your seeing why is so important to your being able to discipline him. My advice - this too will pass - and trust me I have teenagers - all too fast. Don't get too upset and give lots of hugs - even if he won't take them - chase him down and hug him - he really wants to hug and not cry...best of luck. Blessings from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete