Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chilly

What a day. There's a chill in the air and my bedroom was nice and cold this morning. Which was only nice while I was still bundled in covers.... Poor Bastian protested getting up and getting dressed so much I thought he would fall to pieces over having to go to school. I had to resort to evil tricks like stealing his blanket and letting the dog lick his face. Which only made him angry and grumpy. He's grumpy a lot lately....

Only accomplished a little today. Went to a Dr.'s appointment and got some good news on a test I was worried about. So no worries there anymore. Need to swing by the grocery store on my way home from picking up Bastian from school. We are running low on some things. I am astonished by how much a five year old can eat!

I finished another Christmas present yesterday. This one I can show you. It's for my father. He doesn't have a Facebook so he isn't at risk of seeing it posted. Even if he does, you know I don't care... he forgot my birthday for the third year in a row. One would think I would be used to that by now. It still hurts. So I don't care if he ruins hiis present from me by finding out what it looks like ahead of time. Some people told me I shouldn't get him anything at all... but... he's my father. Just because he can't be bothered doesn't mean I can't.

Anyway... this scarf came out very nice. Was a booger to get a picture of though. I used a box or waffle stitch and Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. In a cream color with an accenting brown stripe. I felt the waffle stitch was less girlie than some things I have been fiddling around with.



The color came out green-washed because I had to use the "food" setting on my camera to get any definition. All the other settings were blurry or made it look less box-y. Overall I am happy with it. It isn't as long as some I've done, but makes up for it by being reversible. Two textures on different sides. Very nifty. I will certainly use this stitch again, perhaps in a blanket or throw.

Now I have to get back to finishing that evil blanket! I am currently sewing together the granny squares which will form the border. Then I want to measure it all out again and see how much yarn I have remaining. If it is enough I will likely extend the blanket a bit. Bigger is always better with blankets! I see being finished in a week or two if I just do it and don't get sidetracked. I do have another scarf I want to make though, this one for myself. It can wait, I suppose. We'll see. I can only do so many granny squares and double crochet before my mind screams for a change of pace!! *laugh*

2 comments:

  1. Nice scarf -LOVE that stich! Blessings from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I bet you put some really great magic into it though! I like to think that when you're there knitting a bit of your thoughts are going into them and giving them a certain "feel." I don't know if you were thinking of Cesar when you made the blanket you sent me, but I immediately had such a good feeling from it! :)

    ReplyDelete