Tuesday, October 18, 2011

An Ugly Pumpkin...

So recently I have started doing amigurumi crochet things. I really needed a break from scarves and blankets. Anyhow, my five year old requested a pumpkin yesterday. I didn't have any bright orange, just this burnt umber color, but I thought I'd share it anyhow. It actually turned out better than I had anticipated while I was making it. The pattern for this one was different than some of my other projects have been, since it wasn't worked in rounds from the bottom up but rather rows like a wonky washcloth, then sewn together and smoosheded.

Apparently it "needs a face, Mom!" but:

The color is actually not bad in these photos because of the flash. Trust me it's a lot darker. Still, awful cute. His next request is a worm and a witch. Maybe I can just put a witch hat on a worm and say it's both!

In other news, it's 36* this morning. I am having cravings for hot chocolate and graham crackers with chocolate frosting sandwiches.

1 comment: